Saturday, July 3, 2010

Fllights of Fancy

July 2/3--Greetings. So a word about BusinessFirst. Um, it's like, cool. You have little shelves for stuff, socks to walk around in, you have a 13-inch monitor to watch as much free TV, movies, documentaries, etc. as you want, your seat reclines to 0 degrees (not temperature, that would be weird), and you get gifts. I won't go into the 5-star service, the 7-course meal, the array of plugs and outlets (oh wait, I guess I DID just go into all that, sorry). Just suffice it to say that if you haven't flown this class, put it on your bucket list.

Oh, and a funny moment while boarding: we had been delayed by mechanical issues for a few hours, and then I got a page that we were boarding. But when I arrived at the gate, there were tons of folks gathered around the elite (carpeted) entry lane, but nobody seemed to be getting on.

You see...you have to be either elite or be in first class to go in this lane (I was both), so I said, "Why is everyone just standing around?" A guy--obviously an elite traveler--gave me a sort of snooty reply: "Oh, they've only called Business First, jackass." (the 'jackass' was implied, not actually said). I responded by saying with a faux expression of sadness, and said "oh.". As soon I received the immediate and predictable smug response expression from him, I said, "Well, excuse me then.", and then I proceeded to have the crowds part, and then I got on my plane. Out of the way, please, common class, Big Daddy needs to get to his seat.

Yes, admittedly, that's a bit harsh, but hey, I don't ever get to travel this way. Can't I enjoy it when I do??

Also, as we crossed the Atlantic flying in the same direction as the earth's rotation, I got to watch the sun rise super fast. I don't know if it's the drowsiness and/or the screwdrivers talking, but it was pretty moving. No, I didn't cry. Saving that for the bulls in Pamplona.

Roc k it, ya'll.

1 comment:

  1. When I flew I had to go in the first airplane door and walk through First. It made me sad I was in Business First...until I saw the people trudging through our sections to go to coach. *insert instant thankfulness*

    ReplyDelete